- When dropping your pet off, regardless of if it is for a medical dip, observation or a surgical procedure, please be sure to drop off between 7:45am and 8:30am the day of the appointment. If there is no way you can drop off during this time frame, please contact us at least 24 hours before your appointment so that we may better accommodate you and your pet.
- Please drop your pet off to us between 7:45 and 8:30am on the morning of the appointment.
- Do not feed your pet past midnight the night before the procedure
- His or her water intake does not need to be restricted unless otherwise discussed.
- Your pets morning dose of medications can be given unless otherwise stated by the Doctor. Medications must be given without food or treats. If you have trouble doing this, please bring the morning dose of meds with you and let the Technician know which medications, if any, they were given.
- If your pet is on medications three times daily, please bring their afternoon dose with you and notify the Technician when you speak to them.
- During drop off, the Technician will go over the Surgery Admittance Form with you. Please make sure you understand the questions you are being asked. If you have any questions or requests, now is the time to ask. Your conversation with the Technician during this time can change the estimate you were given by approving or denying certain services.
- If you are currently on a prescription diet and would like to order your pets food online, just click here. Hill’s diets are delivered every Wednesday and Royal Canin is delivered every Friday. If you need to pick up your pets food “this” week, please submit your order to us by 11am on Tuesday. Orders received after 11am will not arrive until the following week.
- If you are requesting a diet that you have not previously gotten, please tell us which Doctor prescribed that particular diet.
- Since space is always an issue, we ask that you pick up your ordered food at your earliest convenience. However, in the event that food is left unclaimed for two weeks, it will be resold to another client or returned to the vendor. At this point you will need to reorder the food if you still require it.
Your pet is part of our family. If you experience an emergency, please contact our office immediately and let the Receptionists know that you have what you feel to be an emergency situation. Our Receptionists have been trained for an event like this and are here to help you. We do reserve the right to charge an Emergency fee for emergency appointments as they do disrupt our scheduled appointments. If our office is closed, please contact one of the following:
- Dogs & Cats Veterinary Referral in Bowie at 301-809-8800
- Anne Arundel Veterinary Emergency Clinic (AAVEC) in Annapolis at 410-224-0331
- MASH Veterinary Emergency Services in Huntingtown at 410-353-9722
- VCA Southern Maryland Veterinary Referral in Waldorf at 301-638-0988